Technology Transfer Engineer
- Reference NL-4224
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 03 January 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Technology Transfer Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Systems Technology and Concurrent Engineering team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assessing the technical key benefits of the technologies developed under ESA contracts and ESA patents, and how they could answer needs from other fields of applications;
- Build technology/know-how descriptions catalog stemming out of ESA R&D activities;
- Support the set-up and organization of call for proposals as well as the assessment of proposals for technology transfer feasibility studies, proof of concepts and demonstrators resulting from the TTPO ‘s activities. The Technology Transfer Officer will provide expertise for the evaluation of proposals, and support the follow-up of the contracts placed with industry;
- Build a network of space companies interested in technology transfer;
- The Technology Transfer Officer will also actively contribute to other existing activities of the TTPO, in particular, related to the technical support and the patents.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- As a minimum a Master degree in a relevant technical or scientific discipline. In addition, diplomas or experience in relevant areas such as technology transfer, technology assessment, commercialization, intellectual property (in particular patent rights, licensing and patenting process) are essential;
- Previous experience of working in ESA environment and similar public research organization is desirable;
- Motivation, initiative and ability to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from February 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Natalia Grajek, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-4224 before 03-Jan-20.