Technology R&D Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4057
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 22 April 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Technology R&D Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology Implementation Department, you will have the following responsibilities:
- The R&D Technology Engineer will support the Management and Implementation of the General Support Technology Programme and of the Technology Development Element of the Basic Activities by carrying out the following main tasks;
- Evaluation of proposals for technology R&D activities on their technical merit, consistency and defined priorities;
- Managing assigned R&D activities;
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and provision of management information as required;
- Monitoring of the consistency of the various Programmes/Initiatives with respect to other on-going technology programmes and defined industrial policy objectives;
- Evaluation of the results and support the dissemination of technology achievements (e.g. support the preparation of workshops and final presentation days).
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- A PhD or Msc Engineering from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent (preferably space related). An additional qualification in Business Administration would be an asset;
- Familiarity and experience in the R&D area and technology development processes, in particular in the space sector, is a distinctive advantage;
- Knowledge of Programme/Project management and controlling methods and tools;
- Ability to interface with ESA staff at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and synthesise complex information. Good verbal and written communications;
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks;
- Proactive attitude to solving problems, identify priority actions and to handle high workload;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. We welcome applicants who are available from May 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Mr Leandros Foteinias clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 22-Apr-19 quoting job NL-HP-4057.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!