Technology R&D Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4807
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 06 June 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Technology R&D Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Management and Implementation of the General Support Technology Programme and of the Technology Development Element of the Basic Activities, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Evaluation of proposals for technology R&D activities on their technical merit, consistency and defined priorities;
- Preparation of the planning of the Technology programmes and of in-flight demonstration opportunities in close collaboration with representatives from technical support and programme departments;
- Managing assigned R&D activities;
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and provision of management information as required;
- Monitoring of the consistency of the various Programmes/Initiatives with respect to other on-going technology programmes and defined industrial policy objectives;
- Evaluation of the results and support the dissemination of technology achievements (e.g. support the preparation of workshops and final presentation days).
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- A University degree (MSc) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Engineering (preferably space related);
- Familiarity and experience in the R&D area and technology development processes, in particular in the space sector, is a distinctive advantage;
- Knowledge of Programme/Project management and controlling methods and tools;
- Ability to interface with ESA staff at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and synthesise complex information. Good verbal and written communications;
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks;
- Proactive attitude to solving problems, identify priority actions and to handle high workload;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from August 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4807 before 08-Jun-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA