Technology & Frequency Management Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4619
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 08 October 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Technology & Frequency Management Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology Coordination and Frequency Management Section you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the identification of the technology requirements for future Earth observations missions, covering the whole spectrum (mainly platform and ground stations network, but also support to optical and RF instruments);
- Analysis and monitoring of the evolution of frequency needs for EO missions, including early concepts and potential interference conflicts with other communication services sharing the spectrum;
- Provide support to technology developments for future EO missions, in particular for the standardisation of the platform and for the communications with the ground segment;
- Initiate, conduct internal studies and support the review of the results of industrial activities and in the area of technology development and modelling of end-to-end system (e.g. data flow, technical budgets) or on-board sub-system aspects;
- Support the definition and monitoring of missions under preparation through, e.g. participation to reviews, assessment of industrial results, evaluation of proposals in reply to calls, including sub-system performance analyses or technology maturity aspects;
- Support the interaction within ESA and also with ESA's Member States on EO future technologies e.g. through dedicated information days;
- Support the EO technology observatory function outside the EOP Directorate (e.g. ESA Technology Harmonisation, ARTES), and also outside ESA (e.g. other space agencies, Horizon Europe in the EC, commercial initiatives under NewSpace, and the potential spin-in from non-space sectors);
- Building up relevant IT repositories with information about technology developments or new mission concepts of relevance to Earth Observation.
Skills & Experience
The key person shall have proven knowledge and hands-on experience in several of the following mandatory skills areas:
- Master's degree in Engineering with relevant background and experience in space projects and associated technology developments;
- Several years of experience in the development of advanced on-board system and sub-technologies for space applications, ideally in the EO domain;
- Experience in Space Projects for Earth Observation;
- Experience with System (Performance) Simulation and End-to-End Satellite Data Flow, including data processing, is desirable;
- Good knowledge of remote sensing techniques used in Earth Observation missions;
- Experience in Matlab, STK or similar tools;
- Pro-active in organising and building up electronic means to share the technology knowledge with larger groups;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage;
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4619 before 08-Oct-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!