Systems/Flight Vehicle Engineer
- Reference SP-HP-4213
- Location Barcelona, Spain
- Closing date 29 February 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Flight Vehicle Engineer to support our customer in Spain. This position is considered a high-level and managerial position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the launcher recovery system development team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the vehicle concept development considering an overall system perspective;
- Keep track of overall system parameters, such as mass, CoG, expected cost etc. and make sure they are in line with the requirements;
- Define the vehicle/system and subsystem requirements based on the mission objectives, including functional, performance, design and operational requirements;
- Keep track of the verification status of the system and subsystem requirements and define the proper verification tests to be performed;
- Support the creation of CONOPS documents and other technical documentation;
- Direct the recovery engineering team and harmonize their work by providing them with the necessary requirements/inputs;
- Lead the work to integrate the results of the recovery engineering team to a functional whole, also taking into account secondary factors such as maintainability, logistics, reliability etc.;
- Take responsibility for the functional development of the entire system, and ensure that the ultimate product will satisfy all requirements;
- Validate the suitability of the design concept in regard to the requirements.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in aerospace engineering or related field;
- Several years of experience within the industry;
- Experience in systems engineering, preferably for flying vehicles or launch vehicles;
- Good understanding of Flight Mechanics & Atmospheric Flight;
- Programming skills in Python/Matlab/Octave, or in a similar high-level language;
- Knowledge of Supersonic Flight;
- Understanding of GNC / Control theory and understanding of Solid Mechanics;
- Knowledge of hypersonics and/or aerothermodynamics is meritorious;
- Experience in working with VTOL vehicles and/or reentry vehicles desired;
- Hands-on experience with development of flying vehicles is an advantage;
- Capable of working in a flexible and open-minded start-up environment
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Barcelona. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job SP-HP-4213 before 14 Feb 2020.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!