System and Concurrent Design Facility Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4206
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 23 November 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a System and Concurrent Design Facility Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As System and Concurrent Design Facility Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the organisation and execution of concurrent engineering studies in co-operation with D/TEC technical specialists, project teams and industry;
- Actively participate in CDF studies (e.g. pre-phase A assessment) and activities covering the position of Systems Engineer, thus coordinating design and architecture sessions with specialists of other engineering disciplines;
- Contribute to the enhancement of the CDF infrastructure to support internal studies, including formalisation of design models, i/o parameter definition, visualisation/ presentation;
- Support the total CDF infrastructure and overall integrated modelling to ensure the functionality and performance of the CDF, including the development of concurrent engineering tools, mathematical and design models and methods in support of Systems Engineering and application to all phases of the project life-cycle;
- Promote the use of the CDF to support ESA programmes, industry and external customers;
- Provide System Engineering functional support to ESA projects, which encompasses: interface with the project team directly or via the TEC-SYE project support engineer, interface – if requested – with the industrial team, participation in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and providing appropriate feedback about achieved progress and results;
- Provide support to the Directorate’s activities as requested within the field of competence.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline;
- Solid background in systems engineering;
- Proven working knowledge of CE methodology and tools;
- Experience in carrying out multidisciplinary feasibility studies;
- Working knowledge of space mission analysis and conceptual design;
- System engineering modelling capabilities;
- Good organizational and communication skills and being able to establish/maintain relationships with different stakeholders;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mrs Sabrina Kracke, clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4206 before 23-Nov-19.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!