System Operations Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4181
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 18 September 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a System Operations Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will be primarily assigned to the System Operations Engineering of the Galileo Second Generation supporting at the same time other missions (e.g. Galileo First Generation) within the Galileo programme with the following responsibilities:
- Define and maintain the System Operations project documentation for the next Generation of Galileo, including the System Level Operations Concept, both CLA and UNCLA and the Operations Service Requirement Document;
- Identify the required Operational Improvements to be injected in the new system functional architecture definition, based on a systematic analysis of the lessons learned derived from the Galileo first generation;
- Interface the System design experts within the Project to ensure that the system functionalities and performances fulfil the new mission objectives and operability requirements for all the different mission scenarios and system operating modes;
- Based on the operations concept evolution and lessons learned analysis, derive operability requirements in support of the System and Segment requirements definition and consolidation;
- Support the Galileo Project Office on the interactions with the Galileo GNSS Supervisory Authority Agency (GSA) for the definition of operational needs coming from service requirements;
- Active participation to Galileo Evolution Engineering Boards, System and Segments Working Groups;
- Monthly travel involved.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master's Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline;
- Advanced knowledge of the current Galileo system and its expected evolution;
- Proven experience in operations engineering (analysis of mission requirements, operational feasibility, identification of main operational drivers and definition of system operational concepts) to support both ground mission control system and satellite design;
- Good understanding of mission control systems integration and verification;
- Advanced knowledge of the current Galileo operational processes related to operations preparation, validation and execution and related interfaces;
- Proven experience in engineering coordination tasks and capability to interface system design experts at both Project and Industry support level;
- Familiarity with the ESTEC environment;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Ms. Sabrina Kracke clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 18-Sep-19 quoting job DE-HP-4181.