System Operations Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4799
- Location Bremen, Germany
- Closing date 28 May2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a System Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Operations team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Your tasks project and department dependent typically encompass
- Coordination and trade-off requirements for mission with Systems Engineering incorporating operability requirements
- Flow-down of requirements for Ground Segment & Operations
- Development Operations DDV
- Production of Operation Handbooks/ User Manual
- Production and validation of Flight Procedures
- Operational Test planning and satellite operations training
- Operations execution support (LEOP, IOT, possibly routine phases)
- Development of Ground Systems Concepts
- Participation to project and mission reviews and test campaigns at need
- Interface Management to Suppliers (for e.g. ground support tools), Subcontractors (e.g. service contracts for LEOP, ground stations) and to the Space Segment Team
- Support engineering of the SC simulator
- Support to Generation of Specifications: e.g. Satellite to Ground station interface, Simulators
- Support for project proposal generation
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- A degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences or equivalent
- Job experience, ideally 1 year or more with satellite operations or similar
- Excellent communication skills together with, flexibililty, responsibility, and the ability to work independently and in a team
- Working language: English. German would be an advantage
- Experience and knowledge of DOORS, SCOS (and/or other control systems), ECSS, as well as developing Scripts would be an asset.
- Prepared to work on-shift, on-call, and travel at need
- Potential to Lead a Team and/or several years relevant experience would be an asset
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Bremen.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Vicente Gracia, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4799.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.