- Reference NL-HP-4191
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 23 October 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a System Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Human Space Flight & Exploration Directorate of ESTEC you will have the following responsibilities:
- Leading/supporting the implementation of ESA internal and industrial system definition studies at Phase 0/A/(B1) level, including associated payload and technology development activities, preparing future European activities and projects in the field of human and robotic exploration, addressing missions to Low Earth Orbit, Moon or Mars;
- Interfacing with study scientists and study science teams;
- Developing and maintaining key-driving requirements for future ESA development activities for exploration missions at mission, architecture, system and technology level in line with the HRE strategy;
- Monitoring international plans in the field of exploration and supporting the definition and analysis of future international exploration mission scenarios and associated technology requirements;
- Supporting activities organized by HRE in the field of exploration (workshops, round tables. etc.) and establishing/maintaining HRE databases related to Exploration activities;
- Contributing to the diffusion of the results of the performed activities and the transfer of knowledge across the Agency;
- Supporting HRE for other mission definition-related tasks, as required.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualifications in physics or engineering;
- Knowledge of human and robotic exploration programmes;
- At least four years relevant experience working in planetary mission systems engineering is required. Experience of minimum 4 years in space missions systems engineering is desirable;
- Experience in mission analyses and trade-offs and/or electric propulsion mission design is considered an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from December 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Sabrina Kracke email@example.com, quoting job NL-HP-4191 before 23-Oct-19