System Engineer Ground Segment
- Reference BE-HP-4779
- Location Brussels, Belgium
- Closing date 07 July 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a System Engineer Ground Segment to support our customer in Belgium
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Define ground segment specifications, analyze interfaces including with flight elements;
- Participate to the ground segment definition and design;
- Define integration and validation plans at system level;
- Drive tradeoffs analysis and propose technical choices;
- Collaborate with our customers to find the perfect solution(s) to their need(s);
- Interact with space agencies, customers and sub-contractors in exciting space projects;
- Iterate with the software development team.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master's degree in one of the following fields: Aerospace Engineering, computer science, Physics Engineering or related field;
- At least between 5 and 10 years of experience in system and/or software engineering in a similar technical environment. A few years of experience in project management is also an advantage;
- Good knowledge of some related key technical domains to ground segment (e.g. Monitoring and control, ground stations, EGSE, planning, PUS, satellite operations, data cataloguing and distribution;
- Knowledge and experience with a number of the ground segment applicable IT programming languages or technologies such as Python, Java, Micro-services architecture, Cloud technology;
- Knowledge of ESA Engineering and Quality Standards;
- An experience in space mission ground systems is a real asset;
- Strong motivation for computer science and the space sector;
- Versatility and creative mindset to identify technical solutions that meet our customers' needs;
- Team player and communicative;
- Eager to learn to grow your development skill levels;
- Rigorous and concerned by the quality of the output delivered;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of French is an advantage.
This job is located in Brussels. We welcome applicants who are available from as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ” quoting job BE-HP-4779 as soon as possible.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!