Ground Segment System Engineer
- Reference DE - 4239
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 17 February 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a System Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the I&V system engineering service of ground segments or sub-segments, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the maintenance, for all operational ground segments, of a complete and consistent set of System Technical Documentation;
- Contribute to the creation of System Engineering models of Ground Segment Systems using an MBSE approach (e.g. Enterprise Architect) and/or maintaining existing model baselines;
- Perform technical analysis of system architecture and specification evolutions or major upgrades of the operational ground systems, for interfaces coherence and compatibility check with other ongoing developments;
- Contribute to the various OPS & TSS Projects and associated reviews, as required, providing System Engineering contributions during the design phase and contribute actively to the definition of the IV&V activities;
- Contribute to the assessment of Engineering Tasks providing System Engineering expertise to CRB’s and ARB’s;
- Contribute to the impact analysis of ICT evolutions in operational systems;
- Contribute to the analysis, investigations and resolution of system level anomalies;
- Maintaining the relevant VCD and recording the results of the tests in DOORS.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile;
- Several years of experience in ground segment and sub-segment level engineering and I&V for Earth Observation missions;
- Systems Engineering and architectural design for data processing systems, MMEs and ground segment systems;
- Experience of writing technical requirements (preferably to ECSS standards);
- Experience of interface management and definition;
- Use of modelling and design languages for System Engineering (e.g. SysML) and tools in support of architectural design activities (e.g. Enterprise Architect);
- Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS);
- Experience in maintenance of ground system and associated anomaly management process;
- Experience in change control procedures;
- Experience in Integrating, Verification & Validation (IV&V) of complex systems;
- Automated Testing;
- Operating systems security hardening;
- Relational databases: E.g. MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS Access;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke, clicking on the button “Apply for this job”, quoting job DE - 4239 before 17-Feb-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.