Storage-Data Protection and Database Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-5168
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 28 September 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of a team providing services to EUMETSAT for CS Group, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance of distributed systems;
- Design, planning and preparation of the new databases, including prototype and testing;
- Engineering support to database operation and administration;
- Performance monitoring, tuning and enhancements;
- Database backup and recovery implementation and testing;
- Database installation and migration support (i.e., Oracle to Postgres);
- Designing and implementing storage, data protection and database solutions;
- Interface to COTS support and maintenance providers;
- Routine Storage, Data Protection and Database Administration Service;
- Preventive Storage, Data Protection and Database Administration Service;
- Corrective Storage, Data Protection and Database Administration Service;
- IT Engineering Service.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in the relevant discipline;
- Database installation, configuration, performance monitoring and tuning;
- POSTGRES and ORACLE database products (ideally v11/v12 enterprise edition);
- Certification in database administration;
- Operation of large complex high availability IT systems;
- Good knowledge of LINUX and VMware;
- High-level expertise on data infrastructure (storage, data protection, archive and database systems) management principles;
- Expert knowledge and experience in using DellEMC, HitachiVantara, NetApp and Brocade model SAN, NAS and Object storage solutions;
- Proven hands-on experience in administering SAN storage high-availability implementations (e.g., DellEMC SRDF/Metro, HitachiVantara GlobalActiveDevice, NetApp MetroCluster);
- Proven hand-on experience in administering NAS and Object high-availability implementations (e.g., geographical replication, multi-site federation);
- Expert knowledge and experience in using Veritas NetBackup, Oracle HSM, IBM TSM, Versity and Rubrik data protection and archive solutions;
- Expert knowledge and experience in using Oracle-StorageTEK and IBM tape infrastructure solutions;
- Expert knowledge and experience in using Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB databases;
- Proven hands-on experience in administering database resilience solutions (e.g., Oracle RAC/Data Guard/RMAN, PostgreSQL Hot Standby, MySQL Enterprise Backup etc.);
- Experience in a large-scale operational or production environment, characterized by custom applications in addition to standard H/W and S/W, along with 24×7 high availability requirement;
- Significant IT system design skills;
- Good understanding of ITIL Change and Configuration Management processes;
- Good understanding of ITIL Incident and Problem Management processes;
- Good working experience on Linux and Unix operating systems;
- Good knowledge and experience in security (principles/concepts, hardening techniques, secure architecture and protocols, penetration and vulnerability testing, tools);
- Technical documentation skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-5168.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.