Space Systems Engineer
- Reference FR-HP-4482
- Location Toulouse, France
- Closing date 10 May 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Space Systems Project Manager to support our customer in France (Toulouse).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of a NewSpace French startup company , you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the mission definition and dimensioning of selected disruptive satellite systems taking into account the strategic, commercial and operational requirements and the industrial issues;
- Develop a innovative, forward-looking and ground breaking satellite system in all engineering phases - from early trade-offs thru detailed design, development, manufacture, integration, and test.
- Contribute to the development of the appropriate contractual documentation for satellite systems elements;
- Participate to the establishment/fulfilment of company aggressive cost/schedule (ground and space segments);
- Identify implementation issues and proactively develops alternative/recovery plans before schedule and cost impacts are realized;
- Report project technical status, issues, and problems to project manager;
- Drive a broad set of engineering architects fulfil project goals;
- Provide work plan and cost for engineering activities;
- Identify need for new engineering workforce necessary for company goals/growth.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- 8+ years relevant experience in space systems engineering - Satellite and/or Ground Systems (structures, avionics, propulsion, power, thermal, assembly/integration/test, sensors, flight software, Telemetry, Tracking & Control, flight planning and mission management) ;
- Proven track-record of working with spaceborne systems, starting from conceptual designs and trade-offs thru detailed design, development, manufacture, integration, and test;
- Manufacturing experience highly desirable;
- Be team-minded and ready to work in a fast-moving and complex/technical environment;
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system engineering and integration activities;
- Excellent communication and writing skills, a flexible and proactive attitude;
- Fluency in English and in French are mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job in located in Toulouse. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job FR-HP-4482 before 10-May-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!