Space Debris Engineer
- Reference DED-HP-4104
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 01 July 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Space Debris Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
To support our customer in Germany, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support mission customers for the compliance verification analysis task, runs with DRAMA, Scarab and Snappshot and document the results;
- Support CDF sessions, the definition of the studies for GSTP and other ESA study programs in the area of space debris;
- Provide Training on OPS-SD software and processes to internal and external trainees;
- Routine operation of ESA’s conjunction event prediction system for internal and external customers;
- Analysis and consultancy in the case of a high-risk conjunction event in liaison with the Flight Control Teams;
- Contributions to the evolution and upgrade of ESA’s DISCOS database system;
- Standby for project support in the areas of Cleanspace and SSA, and the upcoming Space Safety Programme
- Support to the interfacing with external entities, such as CSpOC for the analysis of conjunction events
- Present and promote ESA achievements, recent research and work of the space debris office, including demonstrations, at conferences and workshops.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in the field of astronomy, mathematics, engineering, or physics;
- Understanding of CDF, IADC and SSA/Space Safety Program way of working;
- Knowledge of Linux scripting languages, Fortran, C++, Python, experience with network services and protocols, and system administration;
- Experience with Space Debris related tasks;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; other European languages an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk via the website www.hespace.com/vacancies, quoting job DED-4104.