Solar Generator Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4544
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 21 June 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Solar Generator Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology Directorate in ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- The functional support to ESA spacecraft programmes for space solar generator design, manufacturing and testing, including the provision of independent, technical assessment in Project Reviews;
- The definition, promotion and implementation of the technological research programme for advanced photovoltaic generator technology, including solar cells, photovoltaic assembly processes and components (e.g. cover-glasses), solar generator subsystems, environmental effects models, testing methods and test facilities;
- The maintenance of ESA solar generator laboratory facilities and the execution of engineering and qualification tests;
- The definition and implementation of European standards in the solar generator domain;
- Monitoring of qualification and test programs for body mounted and deployable solar arrays utilizing advanced solar cells;
- Supervision of industrial contracts for research and development of solar cells and modules (including next generation multi-junction solar cell and solar generator technologies, concentrator systems and experiments on space environmental effects on the solar generators);
- Assistance to the EPG section team on solar array related design and qualification issues and in the execution of characterization and environmental tests of solar cells, modules and solar generators.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Educational background in Electrical Engineering or Semiconductor Physics;
- Experience in multi-junction space solar cells technology;
- Knowledge of space solar array design and technologies;
- Experience in space photovoltaic assembly (PVA) technology;
- Knowledge of the main characterisation and environmental tests for space solar cells and solar generators;
- Familiarity with European Space Standard (ECSS) requirements;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Agnieszka Iwanczuk by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-4544 before 22-Jun-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!