Software System Engineer
- Reference UK - HP- 4551
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 28 June 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Software System Engineer to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Analysis Centre Ctrl & Supp Serv Unit, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintenance and develop software tools for managing a large number (>350) of research and development activities over their whole life cycle;
- Development and maintenance of TIA-applications that gather, analyse and present programmatic data associated with research and development activities (contracts);
- Development and maintenance of new software tools according to TIA wide needs;
- Migration of existing applications to a common application environment;
- Development and maintenance of application documentation (including user guides and software development/maintenance documentation);
- User training, including preparation of training materials;
- Resolution of technical issues raised by application users;
- Management of software change requests and software updates in a timely manner with minimal user disruption;
- Provide inputs to management reports;
- Follow the relevant and applicable ISO procedures and security directives.
- Maintain the required level of confidentiality and security as defined in the ESA Security Directives;
- Contribute to harmonisation of tools, SW-development and procedure in TIA, actively exchange knowledge with team members and/or other IT professionals in ESA and especially within the TIA domain;
- Support the development of business intelligence solutions for internal and external customers and exploring new techniques for visualizing management information;
- Develop dashboards, providing management information with a sound understanding of the needs of the audience;
- Support the legacy systems and suggest options for a migration to a new emerging IT landscape;
- Contribute to the further digitalization of business processes.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- The applicant shall have a relevant university degree or equivalent qualification and experience in software development for business management applications;
- Knowledge and at least 5 years of practical experience in developing web applications;
- Behavioural competencies in communication, problem solving, results, orientation, teamwork, customer focus, planning & organization;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Harwell. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job UK-HP-4551 before 28-Jun-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA