Software Support Engineer
- Reference UK-HP-4192
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 23 October 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Software Support Engineer to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Space Segment Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Development and maintenance of TIA-applications that gather, analyse, and present programmatic data associated with research and development activities;
- Development and maintenance of new software tools according to TIA wide needs;
- Migration of existing application to a common application environment;
- Development and maintenance of application documentation;
- User training, including preparation of training materials;
- Resolution of technical issues raised by application users;
- Management of software change requests and software updates in a timely manner with minimal user disruption;
- Provide inputs to management reports;
- Follow the relevant and applicable ISO procedures and security directives;
- Maintain the required level of confidentiality and security as defined in the ESA Security Directives;
- Contribute to harmonisation of tools, SW-development and procedure in TIA, actively exchange knowledge with team members and/or other IT professionals in ESA and especially within the TIA domain.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Relevant university degree or equivalent qualification and experience in software development for business management applications;
- At least five years of practical experience in developing web applications;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including VBA scripting;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Harwell. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Chiara Grossardi, clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job UK-4192 before 23-Oct-19.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!