Software PA Support Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4454
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 01 March 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Software PA Support Engineer to support our customer ESTEC in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Software Product Assurance Section in the Technology Directorate at ESTEC you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy;
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme;
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes;
- Participate in project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards;
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions;
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required;
- Experience in Big Data software architectures and life-cycles, Data quality and Cyber-security assurance will be an asset.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering;
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools;
- Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas: Configuration management of complex systems, Software engineering and PA in critical applications;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4454 before 01-Mar-21.