Software PA Support Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4160
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 15 September 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a Software PA Support Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Software Product Assurance Team at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the establishment of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme.
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models.
- Big Data software architectures and life-cycles.
- Data quality assurance.
- Cyber-security assurance, security evaluation and certification, ISO-27001.
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools.
- Alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
- Experience on Agile practices (e.g. Scrum, Lean, Kanban or other Agile frameworks as SAFe).
- Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards.
- Knowledge and proven experience in Configuration management of complex systems as well as Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from September 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Mr Yannik Dubois clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 15-Sep-19 quoting job NL-HP-4160.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!