Software PA Support Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4265
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 18 May 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Software PA Support Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Software Product Assurance Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy;
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme;
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes;
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards;
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions;
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments;
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering;
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools;
- Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards;
- Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
- Configuration management of complex systems
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications
- Experience on (or knowledge of) the following areas would be considered as an asset for this position:
- Agile practices (e.g. Scrum Master / Product Owner; other Agile frameworks as SAFE, Lean or Kanban)
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models and Data quality assurance
- Big Data software architectures and life-cycles
- Cyber-security assurance, security evaluation and certification, ISO-27001
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools
- Alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Chiara Grossardi, clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4265 before 18-May-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!