- Reference DED-HP-4236
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 17 February 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the software engineering service of satellite ground segments or sub-segments you will have the following responsibilities:
- SW development;
- Deployment of the SW applications;
- Prepare for and perform the SW tests;
- Coordinate the utilization of the system elements;
- Document SW test results;
- Report on the test execution at the Test Review Boards (TRBs);
- Acceptance of SW applications delivered by external entities or internal stakeholders;
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile;
- Engineering of large, UNIX or LINUX based, complex, real-time data processing systems;
- Source code control systems (e.g. Subversion, Git);
- Software anomalies analysis, debugging, profiling, fixing and processing;
- Proven ability in I&V of complex systems;
- Requirements and verification management;
- Formal testing at component, facility and system level;
- Creation of suitable test cases, documentation and their execution;
- Experience in benchmarking and stress testing;
- Structured software development and verification;
- Software maintenance, performance monitoring;
- ECSS standards;
- Experience in operational environments under strict change control;
- Configuration control;
- Near real-time, Earth observation data processing, archiving, distribution;
- Satellite monitoring and control (e.g. SCOS-2000);
- Satellite communications (packet TM/TC, PUS, SLE protocol);
- Automated Testing;
- Requirements and verification management using DOORS;
- Object-oriented software design and maintenance;
- Operating systems: UNIX/Linux and Windows;
- Relational databases: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL;
- Networking: Internet protocols, TCP/IP programming, network monitoring.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk at email@example.com, quoting job DED-HP-4236 before 17-Feb-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.