Software Development Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4909
- Location Stuttgart, Germany
- Closing date 30 November 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Software Development Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Software Development of the Payload Data Generator (PDG);
- Analysis, coding and testing of algorithms described in textual form, and/or by equations and with parameter data lists;
- Mainly simulating the impact of the overall MTG data acquisition chain encompassing the geometric, radiometric and spectral deformations;
- Processing of spatial re-sampling/remapping and data fusion functions which aim at adapting the sampling and map projection of external data to be prepared for the MTG instrument data generation;
- Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification of the PDG;
- Documentation (Detailed design, test procedures/reports, user manual) ;
- Being able to use the Payload Data Generator (PDG), e.g. for user support and training;
- Planning, preparation and conduction of the SW development for processing prototypes and operational processors for the post-EPS ground software;
- Support to SW development for MTG subsystem simulation.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline;
- Careful and reliable way of working high teamwork ;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Stuttgart. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Kalina Traykova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4909.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.