Software Development Engineer – Satellite Payload Simulation
- Reference DE-HP-4080
- Location Friedrichshafen, Germany
- Closing date 24 October 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Software Development Engineer – Satellite Payload Simulation to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and prototyping of complex algorithmic Software for the geometric, radiometric and spectral processing of remote sensing data from space born instruments (imager, radar, sounder) incl. specifications;
- Definition, Implementation and use of simulations models to generate representative data for the analysis of these algorithms, covering the scene of observation, the instrument signal path and the relevant satellite characteristics;
- Establishment of specifications for the operational processing of satellite remote sensing data;
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in IT, Engineering or a relevant discipline;
- Previous experience in IT or Computer Science;
- Practical experience in software development;
- Knowledge of C / C++ and/or Matlab and/or Python;
- Proven expertise in at least one of the following domains: Image Processing, Geometric data processing (geolocation, geodesy, Spectrometer Data Processing, Hyperspectral Interferometry Processing, Earth Remote Sensing, Space Instrument Design and Performance;
- Familiarity with the Packet Utilisation Standard (PUS): ESA PSS-07-101;
- Experience with Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE);
- Team player with excellent communication skills;
- High level of assertiveness;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of the German language or another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Friedrichshafen. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Ms Chiara Grossardi clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP quoting job DE-HP-4080.
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!