- Reference DE-HP-4237
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 17 February 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Software Architect to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the software engineering service of ground segments or sub-segments you will have the following responsibilities:
- Writing document’s requirements, SW Applications concepts and SW architectures;
- Select the preferred SW Applications concept, together with the preferred technical solution(s);
- Establishing and completing of the detailed design definition, determine the verification program;
- Completion of AIT for the SW Application;
- Detailed definition of internal and external interfaces;
- Verification Control – propose/define testing activities (tests specifications, tools and data needed, detailed procedures);
- Analysis of problems and management of anomalies;
- Contribute to or prepare the I&V plans.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile;
- Engineering of large, UNIX or LINUX based, complex, real-time data processing systems;
- Source code control systems (e.g. Subversion, Git);
- Software anomalies analysis, debugging, profiling, fixing and processing;
- Proven ability in I&V of complex systems;
- Requirements and verification management;
- Formal testing at component, facility and system level;
- Creation of suitable test cases, documentation and their execution;
- Experience in benchmarking and stress testing;
- Structured software development and verification;
- Software maintenance, performance monitoring;
- ECSS standards;
- Experience in operational environments under strict change control;
- Configuration control;
- Near real-time, Earth observation data processing, archiving, distribution;
- Satellite monitoring and control (e.g. SCOS-2000);
- Satellite communications (packet TM/TC, PUS, SLE protocol);
- Automated Testing;
- Requirements and verification management using DOORS;
- Object-oriented software design and maintenance;
- Operating systems: UNIX/Linux and Windows;
- Relational databases: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL;
- Networking: Internet protocols, TCP/IP programming, network monitoring;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Chiara Grossardi at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job DE-HP-4237 before 17-Feb-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.