Senior Software Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4194
- Location Stuttgart, Germany
- Closing date 30 November 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- System and functional understanding and analysis of user requirements in order to determine the overall software lifecycle, and to derive the software specification, system interfaces, and the verification concept.
- Development and elaboration of the software architecture and the detailed design
- SW implementation according to the required code quality standard, definition, and execution of unit testing and documentation, support to the system testing activities
- Technical planning of the software development life-cycle aligned with the system development
- Estimation and conduction of the SW development activities
- Analysis and correction of anomalies raised
- Contribute to product software documentation
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in software, computer science or similar;
- Proven experience in developing medium and large software systems comprising processing, simulations, security, timing accuracy, communication units and HMI (>5 years);
- Proven experience in UML language (3 years), Enterprise Architect an advantage;
- Proven experience of network and network protocols, TCP/IP (1-3 years);
- Experience in satellite navigation and communication systems;
- Process-oriented and self-sustained working style (e.g. ESA, Agile principles);
- Proficient user of GIT/JIRA and RHEL Linux, DOORS is a plus;
- Fluency in English and German is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Stuttgart. We welcome applicants who are available from November 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Yannik Dubois, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job”, quoting job DE - 4194 before 30-Nov-19.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.