Senior Component Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4586
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 16 August 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Senior Component Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will report to the head of the Radiation Hardness Assurance and Component Analysis Section (TEC-QEC) and you will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate the activities of the laboratory including the work of the laboratory team members and ensure a high standard of work and outputs;
- Provide administrative support to lab activities;
- Provide monthly status reports to the Head of the TEC-QEC Section;
- Maintain a database of all laboratories tasks, manpower, equipment, etc;
- Provide inputs on requirements for investments in laboratory equipment, software and computing provisions;
- Provide expertise in the field of EEE components, materials and processes investigations. Carry out analyses on EEE components, materials and processes;
- Follow-up on the production of Analysis reports by team members and consistency check for adherence to technical procedure;
- Carry out Failure Analysis tasks and other analysis tasks as required;
- Prepare reports on the analysis tasks as required;
- Support and advice concerning the performance of analysis tasks sub-contracted to external laboratories;
- Provide related technical support on EEE components to ESA projects and other D/TEC divisions in the area EEE components and failure investigation;
- Provide technical input to the formulation, review and maintenance of the technical standards and specifications relating to test methods for component qualification and analysis;
- Support ISO certification activities.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialisation;
- Extensive relevant professional work experience in the field of Passive Components, Discrete Semiconductors for RF and non-RF, Complex Microcircuits for Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal and Microwave, Hybrid Technology, Micropackaging, Optoelectronics and Micro-/Nano-Systems (proficiency in at least 4 categories is required);
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4586 before 16-Aug-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA