Secretary / Administrative Assistant
- Reference NL - HP - 4361
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 05 October 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Secretary / Administrative Assistant to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Telecom Technologies Product & Systems Department at ESA, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Planning/coordinating the commitments and meetings, organizing calendar and keeping the Department Offices informed on all issues of concern; supervising the preparation of files for such meetings and any special subjects.
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the Department Staff to take actions on given issues.
- Maintain and manage confidential information.
- Analyzing incoming mail-paper and e-mail - and presenting these data in an organized and prioritized manner. Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches staff to insure timely responses.
- Coordinating actions with the TIA/T office and other Department offices; organizing and coordinating high level meetings (e.g. Steering Boards) with Industry.
- Ensuring the diffusion of information between the Head of Office and the Programmes/Project Teams.
- Answering incoming calls and performing a pre-screening of these calls for direct connection with the Head of Office or for reply at a later time. Keeping organized records of these calls and checking closure and follow up.
- Preparation of staff missions and travel arrangements
- Supporting the Department Head and TIA-T staff in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organisational and contractual matters.
- Composing routine correspondence and keeping a filing system for incoming/outgoing mail.
- Generating documents and textual and graphics presentations
- Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures).
- For the execution of the tasks the contractor will be expected to use related ESA Corporate software tools, documentations systems, and databases and interface with the relevant actors across the Agency.
- Provide support to ensure the implementation and operations of the Department Documentation Management System in accordance with the ISO requirements and TIA processes.
- Establishing and maintaining the structure and records and files on the Management Information Systems such as Eclipse and Daptiv.
- Interfacing and providing support to department staff on administrative related to use of the relevant systems.
- Supporting the ISO management system and processes. Support to reviews and audits, and preparation of files as background for meetings and special studies.
- Administering and maintaining the office documentation systems. Setting up the folder structure, registration, filing and distribution of correspondence and other documentation. Follow up of departmental actions using the Eclipse Documentation Management System.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Qualification from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration or related field;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to interface at appropriate level with relevant actors within and outside the Department;
- Ability to readily assimilate and co-ordinate input data and providing timely output to the hierarchy;
- Reliability, rigor and initiative in the execution of the assigned work;
- Proven sense of confidentiality;
- Experience of Documentation management;
- Excellence in the use of standard office automation support software packages and of commercial database system and electronic mail;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
- This job is located in Noordwjik. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL - HP - 4361 before 05-Oct-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!