Secretary / Administrative Assistant
- Reference NL-HP-5089
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 29 May 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology, Engineering & Quality Division, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Analysing incoming emails and presenting these data in an organized and prioritized manner to the Department Head. Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches Department Head to ensure timely responses and following-up of actions;
- Planning/coordinating the Department Head agenda, commitments, and meetings, organizing the missions and associated claims and keeping the Department Head informed on all issues of concern;
- Supporting the Department Head (and Department Administrator) in the preparation and follow up of routine administrative matters such as:
- Collect and consolidate responses to calls/campaigns for all Trainees and maintain overview lists;
- Collect and consolidate senior management inputs to corporate requests, Bilateral meetings, etc., and relevant publications;
- Coordinate the accommodation requirements of the Department;
- Collect and consolidate the yearly Conference and External Training requirements for the Department;
- Maintain the Department organisation chart;
- Coordinate interview requests for the Projects;
- Support to the Project Review Process as required;
- Coordinating actions with other assistants of the Department and interface with the other assistants of the Directorate;
- Manage the procurement of promotional items for the Department in liaison with the Project Controller, including preparation of requirements;
- Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures) before submission to Department Head for approval.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Minimum High School graduate;
- Solid and multiple years of experience in a similar position;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, highly organised, tactful, autonomous, flexibility, team spirit and discretion are a must;
- Highly proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset;
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Office 365);
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Kalina Traykova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-5089.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA
- +31 71 341 7501