Secretary/ Administrative Assistant
- Reference NL-HP-4581
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 01 August 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Secretary / Administrative Assistant to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Business Management & Administration team at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training;
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests;
- Analyzing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation;
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit;
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel;
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary;
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit;
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail;
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents;
- Organization of agenda and of meetings;
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users;
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taking minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit;
- Participation to organization of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required;
- In addition to the above, that corresponds to standard activities in support to an organizational unit, the work package may also cover the following tasks:
- Support to the Project Review Process;
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material;
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list;
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading;
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis;
- Documentation management related support to project reviews;
- Managing documentation system (e.g. Eclipse), registration / distribution/ exchange / archiving of documents;
- Support to launch campaign preparations;
- Being prepared to travel and co-locate for extended periods (several weeks) at the launch site;
- Secretarial and administrative support at the launch site during extended hours and during weekends;
- Collection and escort of visitors from ESTEC Security Gate to location.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- High level of flexibility as well as initiative and team spirit;
- Easy contact with personnel and well-balanced autonomy in the execution of the requested tasks;
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks;
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools, in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- Ability to communicate with industry counterparts in the execution of the project specific tasks;
- Capacity to identify priority actions and handle high workload;
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from September 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Viktoria Panicharova by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4581 before 01-Aug-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA