Science Communication Editor (temp)
- Reference NL-HP-4871
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 09 September 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Science Communication Editor to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- To contribute to the definition of the content, and to support the editing of the material for the media presence of ESA’s Science and Exploration activities;
- To liaise, under the responsibility of the Science Division, with the scientists of the Science and Exploration missions in the production of content;
- To liaise, under the responsibility of the Science Communication Officer, with the graphical and multimedia production team in the production of visual material;
- To coordinate a pool of freelance editors;
- To conceive and conduct social media campaigns;
- To maintain regular contacts with media, including social media;
- To organize media events, including briefing of speakers and follow-up of requests from media;
- To perform analyses of developing media trends and local impact reporting;
- To set-up outreach events in the ESA communication plan;
- To support launch and mission events.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Science PhD or Masters in Science, further qualification in Journalism or Communication would be an asset;
- 3-6 months temporary project;
- At least four years of work experience in science, engineering or technological communication within International Media and/or Social media;
- A good synthesis ability and a basic understanding and interest for space science;
- Excellent spoken and written English; fluency in French and other European languages is desirable;
- Good interaction skills and capacity to work under stressful situations;
- A fair knowledge in the following areas will be considered an additional advantage: Web applications, Audio-visual requirements, Graphic design and layout
- The contractor(s) shall possess skills to cover and execute the tasks linked to their function including a high-level of flexibility, good organisational and communication skills;
- Working under direct supervision of lead staff but autonomy in execution of tasks assigned is mandatory;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Kalina Traykova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4871 before 09-Sep-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA