- Reference DE-HP-4406
- Location Munich, Germany
- Closing date 11 December 2020
Caring about space experts like you for more nearly 40 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a Satellite Operator to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Working for the EDRS Mission Operations Centre, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Supervision of system performance and of automatic service provision to customers;
- Maintenance of actual mission planning data and the mission schedule;
- Control and Supervision of planning processes and reporting to engineering in case of conflicts;
- Control and Supervision of key management processes;
- Monitoring of the health status of all EDRS components;
- Monitoring of service infrastructure and the distributed IP Network;
- Monitoring the use of the satellite payload;
- Level-l response to anomalies, based on procedures;
- Data collection after anomalies;
- Activation of engineering support if required;
- User Help Desk first response;
- Trouble ticket and incident management, including the generation, support and resolution of problems, for network and customer issues;
- Routine Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO).
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree or equivalent in the field of Aerospace Engineering;
- Experience in satellite and/or ground segment operations is required;
- Experience in the field of space and operations is required;
- Knowledge of satellite communications, earth observation missions, as well as mission operation ground infrastructure (e.g. ESOC, DLR, etc.);
- Willingness for shift work;
- Knowledge of Linux would be a plus;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of German or another European language is an advantage.
We welcome applicants who are available from January 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr. Foteinias, quoting job DE–HP-4406.
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.