Satellite Ground Segment IV&V Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4923
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 15 April 2023
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Satellite Ground Segment IV&V Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As a member of a team providing services to EUMETSAT you will be providing:
- Integration, Verification, and Validation (IV&V) support;
- Integration, verification, and preparation of the Ground Segment and System;
- Focus on the Mission Control & Operations (MCO) sub-segment, its integration with the rest of the Ground Segment and external entities and verification at System and Ground Segment level.
- Definition of the IV&V Plan;
- Definition of the VCDs;
- Definition of test tools and test data needs;
- Preparation of preliminary test specifications;
- Contributions to system engineering documents (ICDs, design, …), procurement tracking, scheduling, support to major reviews (TRR, TRB, ARB, etc…);
- Liaising with development contractors and EUMETSAT teams, configuration control, supporting deployment, installation and configuration of new deliveries, and structuring and maintaining software and data repositories required for IVV activities.
Skills & Experience
You should have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in engineering or similar;
- At least 2 years' experience in formal verification control processes (VCBs) and maintenance of VCDs;
- Familiarity with requirements engineering and ICDs (at least 1 year);
- Experience (at least 1 year) with Satellites data processing systems (development and/or operations);
- Experience (at least 3 years) with Satellites Mission Control Systems (SCOS-2000 technology) and related CCSDS protocols (TM/TC, PUS, SLE...);
- Experience (at least 1 year) with testing and/or operations of TT&C and Payload Data Ground Stations;
- Experience (at least 3 years) with scripting in Linux environment;
- Experience (at least 2 years) with satellite telemetry test data, reconditioning and related test tools;
- Knowledge of IT/ground segment technologies: relational databases, virtualisation, networking, SW deployment tools, etc.;
- Knowledge of ECSS standards for verification and testing;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from February 2023 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Vicente Gracia, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4923
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are a citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.