- Reference NL-HP-4209
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 03 December 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Safety Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the ESA Safety Review Panel chairman in the conduct of ESA safety reviews for the certification of International Space Station systems and payloads;
- Provide technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and the preparation of the safety review data package;
- Assess safety analyses and safety compliance data packages prepared by cargo items providers (industrial contractors, experimenters, National Agencies, ISS commercial users) and provide detailed written feedback;
- Support safety review meetings as Operations Safety panel expert;
- Review the implementation of entries in the ESA Operations Control Agreement Database (eOCAD);
- Support ESA in the review of ISS Change Requests relevant to Safety requirements;
- Provide support to the ESRP Chairperson for the aspect associated to resolution of technical issues and conduction of safety reviews;
- Provide safety engineering support to the ISS flight operations team;
- Provide safety-engineering support during mission preparation and execution for anomalies and unplanned maintenance;
- Provide safety assessment of on-orbit anomalies;
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in a relevant discipline;
- Relevant experience in the design and engineering of safety critical systems;
- Hands-on knowledge of the safety analyses and methodologies;
- Experience in human spaceflight safety with emphasis on the application of ISS safety requirements and processes;
- Knowledge of ISS systems, subsystems and payloads, of ISS safety requirements and their related implementation;
- Extended understanding of the hazard which are intrinsic of a system and /or induced by space operations, and the way they are eliminated or controlled;
- Knowledge of the way safety data are generated, validated and retained in support of the ISS program safety certification;
- Knowledge of Configuration Management;
- Knowledge of ESA and NASA safety certification process, including verification methods and procedures is an asset;
- Knowledge of ISS operations environment;
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices is an advantage;
- Good interpersonal, organization and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Chiara Grossardi, clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4209 before 03-Dec-19.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!