- Reference NL-HP-4013
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 04 March 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Safety Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology Directorate at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support ESA safety reviews for the certification of International Space Station systems and payloads;
- Provide technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and the preparation of the safety review data package;
- Perform ESA Safety Review Panel secretarial tasks for data package distribution, reviews planning and logistics, collection of reviewers inputs, issue of official ESRP minutes of meeting ensuring that they are executed according to the process requirements in SSP 30599 and the complementary ESA processes;
- Perform preliminary assessment of safety data package readiness for review;
- Assess safety analyses and safety compliance data packages prepared by cargo items providers (industrial contractors, experimenters, National Agencies, ISS commercial users) and provide detailed written feedback;
- Support ESA in the review of ISS Change Requests relevant to Safety requirements;
- Execute any other safety engineering related task upon request of the ESA Technical Responsible;
- Provide support to the ESRP Chairperson for the aspect associated to resolution of technical issues and conduction of safety reviews;
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in the relevant discipline;
- Experience in the design and engineering of safety critical systems;
- Hands-on knowledge of the safety analyses and methodologies;
- Understanding of the hazards which are intrinsic of a system and /or induced by space operations, and the way they are eliminated or controlled;
- Knowledge of the way safety data are generated, validated and retained in support of the ISS programme safety certification;
- Knowledge of system safety engineering principle, methods and processes;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 04-Mar-19 quoting job NL-HP-4013.