RF Payloads Plus Microwave & Mmwaves Technology & Equipment Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4957
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 16 December 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Payload Engineering Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advanced RF and microwave instruments for Earth Observation, and/or navigation payloads, and/or satellite communication payloads, with main emphasis on payloads based on digital signal processing and active antennas;
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry/institutions in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development;
- Provide expert RF payload technical support to ESA projects and programmes;
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas for future satellite missions in the field of RF payloads, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Carry out computer simulations at system/subsystem level for the assessment of end-to-end payload and instrument performance;
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the RF/Microwave systems technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering.
- Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency Payloads in the domain of Navigation and/or Earth observation and/or Telecommunications;
- Software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python);
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving;
- Knowledge and Experience on the following topics are considered an asset:
- Radio frequency and microwave payloads technologies based on active phased array antennas;
- Transmit/Receive Modules for microwave payloads;
- Digital signal processing units, and experience on payloads based on digital signal processing;
- End-to-end payload performance and signal quality analysis;
- State-of-the-art RF analogue and (high-speed) digital signal processing techniques and technologies.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English and in Word or PDF) to Vicente Gracia, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4957.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA
- +31 71 341 7517