RF Payloads Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4011
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 24 February 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a RF Payloads Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Payload Engineering Team at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advanced RF payloads and instruments in the domain of telecommunications (emphasis on payloads based on active antennas) and Earth observation (Synthetic Aperture Radars, Altimeters, Scatterometers, Radiometers);
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development;
- Provide RF payload technical support to projects and programmes;
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas in the field of RF payloads for telecommunications and Earth observation, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks of R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the space and ground system and technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- PhD or Masters degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering;
- Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency payloads and instruments for space applications in the domain of telecommunications and remote sensing;
- Very good knowledge of analog and digital signal processing;
- Very good knowledge of software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python);
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving;
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from April 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Mr Leandros Foteinias clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 24-February-19 quoting job NL-HP-4011.