RF Payloads Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4566
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 12 August 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a RF Payloads Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Payload Engineering Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advanced RF telecommunication and/or navigation payloads, with main emphasis on payloads based on digital signal processing and active antennas, and RF instruments for earth observation (Synthetic Aperture Radars, Altimeters, Scatterometers, Radiometers);
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry/institutions in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development;
- Provide RF payload technical support to ESA projects and programmes;
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas for future satellite missions in the field of RF payloads, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Carry out computer simulations at system/subsystem level for the assessment of end-to-end payload and instrument performance;
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the RF/Microwave systems technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master or PhD in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering;
- Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency Payloads in the domain of Navigation and/or Earth observation and/or Telecommunications;
- Knowledge and Experience on the following topics are considered an asset:
- Radio frequency and microwave payloads technologies based on active phased array antennas
- Transmit/Receive Modules for microwave payloads
- Digital signal processing units, and experience on payloads based on digital signal processing
- End-to-end payload performance and signal quality analysis
- State-of-the-art RF analogue and (high-speed) digital signal processing techniques and technologies
- Software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python)
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from August 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4566 before 07-Jul-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA