Radio Navigation Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4162
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 13 September 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Radio Nav. Systems & Tech Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of safety-related Position-Navigation-Timing (PNT) applications (e.g. in railway, maritime and automotive sectors), PVT integrity and PVT assurance (security);;
- Participation in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis for security and safety-related applications (e.g. regarding system architecture, ground processing and user segment technologies);
- Support to the activities relating to technology development, standardisation and working groups on PVT assurance and safety-related PNT applications
- Design, definition and follow up of activities (including industrial development contracts and procurements, laboratory and field trials) related to GNSS testbeds and receivers, in the aforementioned areas (safety-critical, PVT assurance);
- Support end-to-end GALILEO/EGNOS System Integration, Validation and Qualification activities (e.g. new system features, receivers) in the aforementioned areas.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering;
- Background and experience in GNSS, in particular system and user technologies for PVT integrity; experience in design, performances and standardisation of PNT user segments technologies (GNSS receiver, signal processing and navigation algorithms, sensor fusion);
- Background and experience in at least two of the following fields is an asset: wireless security; GNSS PVT assurance; wireless systems for safety-related applications; any of the following application domains and their associated safety standards: railway, automotive, maritime;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Ms. Agnieszka Iwanczuk clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later then 13-Sept-19 quoting job DE-HP-4162.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).