Radio Navigation Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4208
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 28 November 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Commercial User Segment & Navigation System Validation Team at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Study, design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) with particular focus to multi-GNSS multi-frequency receivers;
- Support to the Galileo Ground Mission Segment team, including:
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities;
- Evaluation of GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Mission Support and Mission Processing, and evolutions of the GMS architecture and design (eg. virtualisation, data centric processing, etc.);
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs;
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews;
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO), R&D and Testing activities in the fields of system and mainly receivers performances for sensor station receivers and user receivers;
- Support to the EGNOS and GALILEO Ground Mission Segment team, including Sub-System level engineering activities, Verification activities and participation to Sub-System reviews.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master degree or equivalent in Telecoummunications and Signal Processing, or Electronic Engineering;
- Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in mass-market multi-GNSS receivers, as well as high accuracy and robust PNT;
- Strong knowledge and experience in the design, development and testing of Radio Navigation receivers (from test receivers to professional and mass-market), including signal processing, positioning algorithms, Radio Frequency, multi-antenna and sensor hybridisation aspects;
- The specialist shall in particular have several years of relevant working experience with the GNSS and GALILEO systems/equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems;
- Specialization in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications;
- Familiarity with GNSS Android Raw Measurements, Java programming and carrier phase based positioning techniques (PPP and RTK) would be an asset;
- Knowledge on EGNOS Overlay System, including the evolution to EGNOSv3 are highly desirable;
- Knowledge of virtualization and data centric processing are advantageous;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP 4208 before 28-Nov-19.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!