Radio Navigation Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4427
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 27 January 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer to support our customer ESA in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Commercial User Segment & Navigation Systems Validation Section, the work includes evaluation, design and analysis of ground and user segments’ technology for radio navigation and earth observation systems. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the development of professional and commercial ground/user products for radio navigation and earth observation through ESA's co-funded R&D programs (e.g., GSTP Element 2, NAVISP andIncubed);
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g., EGNOS and GALILEO), R&D and Testing activities in the fields of system and mainly receivers’ performances for sensor stations and user receivers;
- Support to earth observation projects mainly for the ground technology;
- Support to TEC Navigation Laboratory for the design, implementation and operation of complex testing setups.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master degree or PhD in telecommunications, electronic engineering, aerospace engineering or computer science;
- Several years of relevant work experience in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, including direct experience on GNSS and EarthObservation;
- Proven knowledge of project management techniques, system engineering processes, system development lifecycle (e.g., V model), project execution and follow up;
- Specific knowledge on products and services using space borne earth observation in the ground and user segments;
- Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including architectures of multi-GNSS receivers, high accuracy positioning (RTK, PPP) and robust positioning, navigation and timing;
- Experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications;
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience on processing and testing techniquesfor multi-element antennas (beamforming, antenna calibration) are an asset;
- Experience in the field of autonomous vehicles, in particular related to positioning and testing techniques and safety standards are desirable;
- Knowledge on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and their applications to radio navigation and/or earth observation are an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is anadvantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from February 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter). If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4427 before 27-Jan-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA