Radio Navigation Receiver Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4269
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 26 May 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an Radio Navigation Receiver Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology Directorate at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers performances in a hybrid PNT framework (GNSS algorithms at signal and position level, dead-reckoning motion sensors such as INS, vision-based INS, alternative PNT systems, use of signals from cellular network, etc.);
- Participation in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis, in particular for what concerns system performances and receiver algorithms (signal processing, advanced hybrid PNT algorithms, situational awareness and mitigation of local impairments) for improved availability, reliability and resilience;
- Participation to the activities supporting standardisation and technical working groups addressing the aforementioned topics;
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the aforementioned topics, including R&D activities and/or procurement of GNSS testbeds and receivers for infrastructure or user technologies / user segments;
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University Degree in in the fields of Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering;
- Background and experience (including hands-on tests and field trials) in GNSS and associated user technologies, non-GNSS positioning systems (e.g. alternative PNT, 5G, etc.) and associated user technologies;
- Advanced signal processing and estimation algorithms applied to PNT (for instance including but not limited to some of the following: MIMO signal processing, kalman filter, particle filter, artificial intelligence and machine learning for sensor fusion).
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Agnieszka Iwanczuk clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4269 before 26-May-20.