Radio Navigation Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4554
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 02 July 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer to support our customer ESA in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Commercial User Segment & Navigation Systems Validation Section, you will be mainly working on GALILEO Ground Segment processing facilities, in a role supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team with the following responsibilities:
- Evaluation of GMS design and evolution, with a specific focus on GMS Algorithms and performances (incl. RAMS aspects), ensuring the design, development, deployment, verification, tuning and validation of the Ground Segment functions that generate and monitor the navigation products (i.e. Ephemeris, Clock, Group Delay, Code & Phase Biases, etc. ...) in line with the allocated performances for service provision (i.e. accuracy, continuity, integrity and availability requirements) and development constraints;
- Evaluate GMS design evolutions for robustness improvements (eg. barrier enhancement and new functions);
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements; including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such as technical requirements;
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level;
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs; new services evaluation and contribution to proposal assessments;
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews and support to Galileo Ground Segment next generation developments.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing, electronic engineering, computer science or other scientific disciplines, as well as experience in these fields;
- Experience in the management and monitoring of industrial activities, including participation in reviews;
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Ground Segment algorithms related to the generation and monitoring of the navigation products (i.e. Ephemeris, Clock, Group Delay, Code & Phase Biases...);
- Specific knowledge on algorithms for clock ensembles, real-time clock anomaly detection and automatic fault compensation is considered an asset;
- Knowledge on Resource Abstraction layers (e.g. hyper convergence, virtualisation, containerisation) and data centric processing;
- Knowledge of Agile software engineering techniques, in particular SAFe methodology, is an asset;
- The applicant shall have experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration. This job is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands. We welcome applicants who are available from August 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4554 before 02-Jul-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA