Radio Navigation Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4285
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 07 July 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Commercial User Segment and Navigation System Validation Section at ESA/ESTEC, you will mainly be working on GALILEO Ground Segment processing facilities, in a role supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team and you will have the following responsibilities:
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements, being the Technical Officer for elements; including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such technical requirements;
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level;
- Evaluation of GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Mission Support, and Mission Processing, and evolutions of the GMS architecture and design (e.g. virtualisation, data centric processing, etc.);
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs;
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment;
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, signal processing techniques and GNSS security and processing facilities;
- Knowledge on virtualization and data-centric processing is an asset;
- Several years of experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment;
- Have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation, and testing systems;
- Specialist in the implementation, maintenance, and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from July 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr. Yannik Dubois, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL - 4285 before 07-Jul-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!