Radio Navigation Engineer
- Reference NL-4145
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 30 August 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Radio Navigation Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Commercial User Segment & Navigation System Validation Team at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Support to the Galileo Ground Mission Segment team, including:
- Participation in GMS related Integration, Verification, and Qualification (IVQ) activities;
- Evaluation of GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Mission Support, and Mission Processing, and evolutions of the GMS architecture and design (eg. virtualization, data-centric processing, etc.);
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System-level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs;
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews.
• Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and Galileo) and R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers performances for Ground Segment receivers and user receivers (multi-frequency and multi-constellation).
• Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
• University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields;
• Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in high accuracy and robust PNT;
• Strong knowledge and experience on the design, development, and testing of Radio Navigation receivers (from professional to mass-market), including signal processing, positioning algorithms, Radio Frequency, multi-antenna and sensor hybridization aspects;
• Several years’ experience (4+) relevant with the GNSS and Galileo systems and equipment and good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation, and testing systems;
• Specialization in the implementation, maintenance, and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications;
• Eligibility for security clearance from their national security administration;
• Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
• The following competencies would be an asset:
- Knowledge on EGNOS Overlay System, including the evolution to EGNOSv3;
- Knowledge of signal quality monitoring;
- Familiarity with GNSS Android Raw Measurements and carrier phase-based positioning techniques (PPP and RTK);
- Knowledge of virtualization and data-centric processing.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter). If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Ms Natalia Grajek clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 01-Sep-19 quoting job NL-XYZ.