Radio Navigation Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4593
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 22 August 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer to support our customer ESA in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Commercial User Segment & Navigation Systems Validation Section, you will be mainly working on GALILEO Ground Segment processing facilities, in a role supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team with the following responsibilities:
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements, being the Technical Officer for elements like Mission Support Facility (MSF); including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such technical requirements;
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level;
- Evaluation of GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Mission Support and Mission Processing, and evolutions of the GMS architecture and design (eg. virtualisation, data centric processing, etc.);
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs;
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing, electronic engineering, computer science or other scientific disciplines, as well as experience in these fields;
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment;
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, signal processing techniques, and GNSS security and processing facilities;
- Knowledge on virtualization and data centric processing is an asset;
- The specialist shall in particular have several years experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems;
- The candidate shall be specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration. This job is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands. We welcome applicants who are available from September 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4593 before 22-Aug-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA