Radio Navigation Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4158
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 12 September 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the team in support to the Galileo System Security Unit, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Definition and evaluation of system security design concepts;
- Definition of GALILEO system and segment requirements, interacting with system and segment experts, focussing on (cyber) security and PRS topics;
- Evaluation of segment proposals focussing on (cyber) security and PRS;
- Support to the ESA Engineering Board process, in order to maintain the requirements system baseline (using DOORS);
- Support to Procurement, Development, Integration, Validation of System Security Tools validating the Navigation System Concept;
- Support to PRS Test Benches whenever required by the ESA Galileo Security Office;
- Supporting technology developments (Signal generator and Receiver) in preparation of PRS test bench and security activities;
- Supporting the procurement of system tools (e.g. Emulators, Test Bed) contributing to the proof of concept and experimentation of PRS evolutions;
- Participation in the overall Radio Navigation R&D roadmap, focussed on cyber/security engineering aspects, with emphasis on the domains of Radio Navigation receivers and other System Verification Tools.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Minimum Master degree in telecommunications or electronic engineering or cyber/security engineering, as well as experience in these fields;
- Specific and Strong knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in robust PNT;
- Extensive experience in the design and development of large distributed security systems;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk via the website www.hespace.com/vacancies, ASAP but no later than 12-Sep-19 quoting job NL-HP-4158.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!