Propulsion Design Engineer
- Reference SP-HP-4431
- Location Barcelona, Spain
- Closing date 12 March 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Propulsion Design Engineer to support our customer in Spain.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Supporting the work for the propulsion department, by taking a leading role in the design of entire systems and sub-systems, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the design, optimization and testing of propulsion hardware;
- Rocket engine cycle design and modelling (pressure-fed cycle);
- Support the design of test bench hardware;
- Support hardware mounting, testing and data acquisition.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- In-depth understanding of liquid rocket engine working principles;
- Knowledge of the aerospike engine concept;
- In-depth knowledge of liquid rocket engine design techniques;
- Experience in designing liquid rocket engines at a subsystem and system level (+2 years);
- Good knowledge of liquid rocket engine testing hardware;
- CFD experience, preferably using Ansys;
- Research experience in aerospace field;
- Good programming skills, e.g. Matlab;
- CAD experience, preferably using Siemens NX;
- Troubleshooting skills;
- Additive manufacturing experience;
- Capable of working in a flexible and open-minded environment;
- Creative and with experience in overcoming failure;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Barcelona. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job SP-HP-4431
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!