Project Manager for OPS and TSS Projects
- Reference DE-HP-4334
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 24 August 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Project Manager for OPS and TSS Projects to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technical and Scientific Support (TSS) Department, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide a service to the TSS and OPS projects portfolio, and specifically to follow ground segment engineering tasks and projects, the long-term systems, maintenance of the operational equipment, sites and services, including their evolution and also the development and evolution of operational observational products from EUMETSAT and agreed third party satellites programmes;
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of all TSS departmental activities and projects under TSS responsibility;
- Contribute to the TSS and OPS Project Managers as part of the coordinated Project Management Support Office (PMSO);
- Prepare the Project Charter (Project Opening Form);
- Prepare dedicated Project Baseline, Project Breakdown Structures and the associated Project Management Plan (PMP);
- Set-up and maintain the TSS planning and schedules as well as the implementation of related scheduling and reporting processes;
- Coordinate the execution of some of the tasks with other involved supporting entities such as the Project Control or Quality Assurance teams.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent), preferably in a management or engineering discipline;
- At least 3 years of demonstrated hands-on experience in Project Management disciplines (i.e. risk management, action control, reporting, planning), ideally with a PMP certification and development life cycle systems engineering;
- At least 3 years proven hands-on experience in project planning, scheduling, monitoring and control for complex/large system programmes or multi-project environment;
- Expert level usage of Microsoft Project (or similar project scheduling/planning and management tools);
- Sound knowledge of related QA processes and procedures, preferably applied in projects;
- Good office computing skills with extensive hands-on experience in using the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Very good inter-personal and communication skills to be able to interface efficiently with both the management and technical levels of the tasks;
- Ability to draft concise management reports and executive level presentations in English and the capability and experience to fulfil the assigned support tasks with a minimum of supervision;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from September 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4334 before 24-Aug-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.