Physical Sciences Instrumentation Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4825
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 29 June 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Physical Sciences Instrumentation Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Life Support and Physical Sciences team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assistance in the provision of specific engineering support to ESA projects;
- Provision of support in detailed technical specification of planned R&D activities;
- Assistance in the technical evaluation of development results, as well as designs from projects;
- Conceptual planning and implementation of test set-ups in the microgravity laboratory;
- Planning, setting-up and execution of test activities in the laboratory;
- Analysis, evaluation, reporting and interpretation of data of biological or physiological experiments;
- Assistance in the provision of engineering support to ESA projects throughout the life cycle;
- Provision of support in detailed technical specifications of planned R&D activities;
- Assistance in technical evaluation of technical developments and as well of project designs and implementations;
- Planning, setting up of test activities in the laboratory;
- Support to testing for exploration and microgravity payloads;
- Support of Breadboard testing and sample evaluation for Life Support activities.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Minimum of Master Degree in Physics and/or aerospace engineering;
- +4 years of relevant experience in similar roles;
- Relevant experience in space related instrumentation, including MAIT and PA;
- Experience in planetary instrumentation is an asset;
- Good knowledge of software and electronics is an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from as soon as possible thereafter.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Vicente Gracia, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4825 before 23-Jun-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA