Performance Simulation Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4068
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 07 May 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a Performance Simulation Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Ground System Definition and Verification office at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the verification of mission and system level requirements in the areas of Mission observation and Data products;
- Support the procurement and acceptance of simulator, Ground Processor Prototype (GPP) and reference processors;
- Support the payload team for aspects relevant to instrument performance requirements flow-down and instrument performance verification;
- Support cross-verification activities with the operational ground segment against the Ground Processor Prototype and Reference Processors;
- Organise, draft the agenda and convene the meetings to achieve the objectives above.
Skills & Experience
- At least Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant physical science, software or engineering subject, together with a demonstrated background and experience in managing software developments in a space project environment;
- Proficiency in programming tools and languages relevant to the implementation and maintenance of the simulators and GPPs (e.g. C, C++, Java and Python) also knowledge in modern build systems;
- Knowledge in managing and configuration of cooperative environment (Redmine, confluence, Jira etc.) and in manipulating CCSDS data is an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from September 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Natalia Grajek via the website www.hespace.com/vacancies, ASAP but no later than select date quoting job NL-HP-4068.